OpenTrack began in the mid- 1990 as a research project at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology. It is a synchronous railway simulation tool that is used by railways, the supplying industries, consultancies and universities. Currently, OpenTrack has more than 500 licenses issued worldwide!
And, for Rail Systems Engineering, we are the appointed official representative of OpenTrack for South-East Asia and now for East Asia market as well (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka).
We provide training, support and consultancies services.
Benefits of using OpenTrack
It is best used for
- Minimum headway calculation
- Running time calculation
- Rolling stock studies (fleet size for future requirements)
- Evaluation of various signalling systems (CBTC, ETCS, discrete block system)
- Degraded mode operations (analysing the effect of systems failure such as infrastructure or train failures and the delays)
- Simulation of railway power supply systems (using OpenPowerNet)