OpenPowerNet is a traction power supply and train performance simulation software developed by Institut für Bahntechnik GmbH, BO Dresden.
- Load flow analysis for 1AC, 2AC and DC networks
- Calculation of tractive effort for OpenTrack
- Calculation of braking effort and recovered energy for network simulation and analysis
- Advanced train model with tractive and braking current limitation, power factor versus voltage, recovery braking, eddy current braking etc.
- Engine model with multiple propulsion systems is available
- Automatic calculation of the magnetic coupling between conductors
- Modelling of power supplies such as rectifier/inverter, transformer, converter (SFC)
- Modelling of station energy storage for stabilisation of line voltage and energy saving
For more information on OpenPowerNet’s functionality, please follow the link —> https://www.openpowernet.de/